TERMS & CONDITIONS
Policyreadydata.com and Polivisu.eu is owned and operated by PoliVisu, a project funded by the European Commission (grant agreement number 769608). By using PoliVisu websites, its content and services, including web and mobile applications, (collectively, “Services”) you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms” or “Terms of Service”) and any future modifications thereof.
PoliVisu reserves the right to update the Terms from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Services shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Services after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
- Currently PoliVisu offers free and open access for commercial and non-commercial purposes. We reserve the right to charge for use of or access to Services currently provided free of charge.
- Your use of our Services is at your sole risk. The service, including technical support, is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Services or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with PoliVisu or its Services.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMS, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit with malicious intent any portion of the Services.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove the content and Accounts containing content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- While PoliVisu prohibits inappropriate conduct and content, you understand and agree that the PoliVisu cannot be held responsible for the appearance of either on its Services and that you nonetheless may be exposed to inappropriate conduct or materials while using the Services.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Services, including your content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve transmissions over various networks and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- PoliVisu does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that PoliVisu shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if PoliVisu has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Services; (v) or any other matter relating to the Services.
- The failure of PoliVisu to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and POLIVISU and govern your use of the Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and PoliVisu (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).Account
- To access some PolIVisu Services you must register for a User Account (“Account”). Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address and any other mandatory information in order to complete the signup process.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your Account.
- You may not use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, while using the Services, violate any laws in your jurisdiction, including but not limited to copyright laws.
- You may not use PoliVisu Services for any unlawful purpose. Your use of our Services must comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You agree to carefully guard the security of your Account. PoliVisu cannot and will not be held liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any PoliVisu user, project partner, member or affiliated person will result in immediate account termination.
- PoliVisu, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Services, or any other PoliVisu service, for any reason at any time. Such termination will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your Account. PoliVisu reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- You can voluntarily terminate your account at any time by sending a written request to email@example.com. All of your content will be immediately deleted from the Services upon cancellation. This information cannot be recovered once your account has been cancelled.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the content you provide on PoliVisu websites or related Services. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours.Content
- We do not pre-screen content but PoliVisu and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, edit or remove any content that is available through the Services.
- Data made available by PoliVisu through its Services is provided ‘as-is’ without warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied. The data is subject to any applicable data licence terms and copyright attribution as set out in the relevant data tab, license info tab and/or metadata option.
Information we collect
We collect e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on pages that users access or visit (Google Analytics), and information volunteered by users, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
The information we collect is used to improve the content and quality of our Services, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.